- Internet Library for Librarians - Comprehensive cataloging and catalog management resources on the Internet.
- AUTOCAT - A semi-moderated international electronic discussion list running on LISTSERV software. It serves as an electronic forum for the discussion of all questions relating to cataloging and authority control in libraries. Provides subscription information, command options, searchable archive of messages, and list FAQs.
- Catalogablog - Weblog on cataloging issues and other topics.
- Cataloger's Reference Shelf - "The CRS is based on 21 MARC manuals and other reference works published by The Library of Congress and frequently accessed by technical services staff." Includes USMARC Formats, USMARC Code Lists, Subject Cataloging Manuals, Other Reference Manuals, including CONSER, Classification, Rare Books, Looseleaf, Archival, Maps, NACO, and other information.
- Cataloging Policy and Support Office Home Page - The home page for the Cataloging Policy and Support Office, the office that formulates and documents descriptive and subject cataloging policy at the Library of Congress. Includes cataloguing tools and documentation, current information on LC Classification, and cataloging policy papers and reports.
- ML Cataloguing - Information on principles, basic content and resources on cataloguing for small libraries.
- Policy for Cataloguing - The complete policy of the National Art Library at the Victoria and Albert Museum. Includes aims, practices, control and public access.
- Resources for the Rare Materials Cataloger - In addition to general cataloguing sites, provides resources relating to rare book cataloguing, medieval manuscripts, and 'history of the book' sites. Provided by the RBMS Bibliographic Standards Committee.
- The Cataloging Calculator - Cataloging tool which generates LC main entry and geographic Cutter numbers. It also finds MARC tags, language codes, geographic area codes, publication country codes, fixed field elements for books and serials, and AACR2 abbreviations.
- Tools for Serials Catalogers - A collection of useful sites for serials catalogers, such as cataloging documentation, listservs, and ejournals of interest to serials catalogers.
|Caution: It has come to our attention that certain spammers have spoofed email with reference to firstname.lastname@example.org. The owner of Information.org has no relation with these emails whatsoever. Some of the emails may be related to scams known as Advance Fee Fraud. Please read the FTC Consumer Alert. (In Spanish: FTC Alerta para Consumidores)|
Last update: Aug 21, 2013 08:34:10. Information.org is a private web site.