- ASIST Special Interest Group - Classification Research - Studies the fundamental principles, underlying processes, and analytic constructs of classification schemes and procedures by humans or automata.
- Automatic Categorization of Magazine Articles - Research paper discussing automatic categorization of magazine articles with broad subject descriptors. Focuses upon the following aspects of text classification: effective selection of feature words and proper names that reflect the main topics of the text, and training of text classifiers.
- Controlled Vocabulary - Describes how controlled vocabularies are useful in describing images and information for classifying content in electronic databases. Links to sample hierarchies and controlled vocabularies. Also features links to related resources.
- Delphi Group Taxonomy and Content Classification Report - Examines software segment for taxonomy management.
- DELTA: Description Language for Taxonomy - A flexible format for encoding taxonomic descriptions for computer processing, intended for biology but with broad applications. It can be used to produce natural-language descriptions, conventional or interactive keys, classifications, and information-retrieval systems.
- Flamenco Project - Investigates how to effectively incorporate large, faceted category hierarchies into information access user interfaces.
- International Federation of Classification Societies - A federation of national, regional, and linguistically-based classification societies whose aims are to further knowledge classification research.
- MeURLin: URL-based Classification of Web Pages - Project that attempts to classify web pages based solely on their URL. A functional demo is included.
- Ontological Engineering - About two dozen links collected by the ontology project at the philosophy department of the State University of New York at Buffalo, with emphasis on artificial intelligence and the Internet.
- Organizational Theory Bibliography - Annotated list of works on classification theory, classification systems, controlled vocabularies, indexing, index design, thesaurus design, and library and information science.
- Project Aristotle - Projects, research, products and services investigating or demonstrating automated Web categorization. Some prototypes and demos are available.
- Taxonomy Warehouse - Directory of taxonomies, thesauri, classification schemes, and other authority files, plus information on how to license the taxonomies. Features search, browse and alert service.
|Caution: It has come to our attention that certain spammers have spoofed email with reference to firstname.lastname@example.org. The owner of Information.org has no relation with these emails whatsoever. Some of the emails may be related to scams known as Advance Fee Fraud. Please read the FTC Consumer Alert. (In Spanish: FTC Alerta para Consumidores)|
Last update: Aug 21, 2013 08:35:12. Information.org is a private web site.