- ASIST Special Interest Group - Classification Research - Studies the fundamental principles, underlying processes, and analytic constructs of classification schemes and procedures by humans or automata.
- Automatic Categorization of Magazine Articles - Research paper discussing automatic categorization of magazine articles with broad subject descriptors. Focuses upon the following aspects of text classification: effective selection of feature words and proper names that reflect the main topics of the text, and training of text classifiers.
- Controlled Vocabulary - Describes how controlled vocabularies are useful in describing images and information for classifying content in electronic databases. Links to sample hierarchies and controlled vocabularies. Also features links to related resources.
- Delphi Group Taxonomy and Content Classification Report - Examines software segment for taxonomy management.
- DELTA: Description Language for Taxonomy - A flexible format for encoding taxonomic descriptions for computer processing, intended for biology but with broad applications. It can be used to produce natural-language descriptions, conventional or interactive keys, classifications, and information-retrieval systems.
- Flamenco Project - Investigates how to effectively incorporate large, faceted category hierarchies into information access user interfaces.
- International Federation of Classification Societies - A federation of national, regional, and linguistically-based classification societies whose aims are to further knowledge classification research.
- MeURLin: URL-based Classification of Web Pages - Project that attempts to classify web pages based solely on their URL. A functional demo is included.
- Ontological Engineering - About two dozen links collected by the ontology project at the philosophy department of the State University of New York at Buffalo, with emphasis on artificial intelligence and the Internet.
- Organizational Theory Bibliography - Annotated list of works on classification theory, classification systems, controlled vocabularies, indexing, index design, thesaurus design, and library and information science.
- Project Aristotle - Projects, research, products and services investigating or demonstrating automated Web categorization. Some prototypes and demos are available.
- Taxonomy Warehouse - Directory of taxonomies, thesauri, classification schemes, and other authority files, plus information on how to license the taxonomies. Features search, browse and alert service.
Last update: Aug 21, 2013 08:35:12. Information.org is a private web site.